New Year, New You: Explore a Career in Caring and Find the Best In-Home Caregiver Jobs
The new year is the perfect time to consider any new goals you’d like to set and achieve. While many people are determined to lose ten pounds, exercise more, and eat healthier, why not go a step further and think of a goal to make an impact on the world around you, leading to a greater feeling of fulfilment and purpose? One great way to accomplish this is by exploring in-home caregiver jobs to help you find a new career.
Caregivers are in high demand as increasingly more older adults prefer to remain in the homes they love for a lifetime. And whether or not you have formal experience as a professional caregiver, many people begin by caring for a family member before considering professional in-home caregiver jobs. Others are drawn to caregiving through their innate skills and strengths, such as the kind of person who is a natural nurturer.
So, exactly what does a typical day in the life of an in-home caregiver look like? Although each client has unique needs, here’s an example of what you might expect:
Morning Caregiving Tasks
At the start of the day, a caregiver may be assigned to help with:
● Getting a senior up and out of bed and ready for the day.
● Preparing breakfast and tidying up the kitchen afterwards.
● Providing companionship and discussing plans for the day.
● Going for a walk together, or providing transportation to an outing or medical appointment.
Mid-Day Caregiving Tasks
In the afternoon, caregivers may help by:
● Preparing lunch and cleaning up afterwards.
● Taking care of some light housekeeping while the person takes a nap.
● Working on a puzzle, playing a game together, or engaging in other activities of interest.
Later Day Caregiving Tasks
At the end of the day, a caregiver can:
● Prepare dinner/clean up afterwards.
● Read aloud, listen to music, watch a movie together, or engage in any other calming activities.
● Assist with the senior’s nighttime routine: bath/shower, oral hygiene, and getting into bed.
Some caregivers prefer to work an overnight shift while the person sleeps. Live-in caregiver jobs are also an option for a senior who needs around-the-clock care.
If you’d like to explore private caregiver jobs in San Diego, CaregiverJobsSanDiego.com is the perfect solution! Our caregiver job site connects San Diego care companies with those seeking any type of care opportunity: hourly or live-in caregiver jobs, full- or part-time nursing jobs in San Diego, and more. Registration is free; sign up today and start the new year off with an interesting and impactful new career in caregiving!